Email marketing strategy and tips for Blackhatforum
An astounding amount of people use email, and that figure is expanding every year. Over 4.2 billion users are anticipated by the end of 2022. These statistics demonstrate that, in addition to the fact that email is still a popular method of corporate communication, email marketing is still a very successful method of connecting with potential clients and, in certain cases, is even necessary to get the most out of a marketing campaign.
It is only natural to ask the question given the daily email volume of over 293 billion. How do you stand out from the competition in a sea of emails so that more people open and click on the links in them, increasing your sales?
1. Have Your Boundaries While Getting Personal
Without a question, email customization is an excellent strategy that has the potential to significantly improve your mail marketing. Personalised promotional mails have unique open rates and click rates that are 29% and 41% higher than non-personalized mailings, according to Invesp. More advantages are still available. According to a study by Epson, 80% of consumers are more likely to buy from a company that offers a personalised experience.
It’s excellent to get to know your customers, but you have to be careful not to go too far. It will harm your reputation and make you appear strange to customers if you overuse names.
Here, having accurate client information can be very beneficial. Use of general user information, such as birth dates, is one example of an additional customising option.
Birthday emails produce 342% more revenue per email, 179% more unique clickthrough rates, and 481% more transactions than promotional emails, according to Experian study. This seems like a very strong justification for incorporating personalised emails into your email marketing plans, don’t you think?
But remember that customization goes beyond simply including each customer’s name in the email. There are other alternative methods, and it’s up to you to experiment and determine which one is ideal for your mailing list.
2. Shorten your subject lines
Only the subject line is used by 47% of email receivers to decide whether to open the message, and personalised emails have a 22% higher opening rate. The success of your email marketing campaign can be greatly influenced by the subject line, as this example demonstrates. But according to statistics, you should also pay attention to the amount of characters utilised, not only the substance. Email subject lines with 6 to 10 words actually get the highest open rates. Another fact that works to your advantage is that subject lines with a sense of exclusivity or urgency have 22% higher open rates.
It can take a lot of time to craft the perfect one-liner, even if it might seem straightforward.
3. Choose the Appropriate Time to Send Email
When it comes to the effectiveness of your email advertising, timing is everything. Making a sensible time choice is an important consideration because you undoubtedly want to increase your open and click-through rates. Additionally, devoted users might wish to interact with your content (share with friends or on social media, etc.). With that in mind, you should make use of all the resources available to you to decide when would be the best for them.
There is no perfect moment to send. The type of business you own is also a significant issue to take into account. According to the type of business you are in, the following table will help you choose the ideal timing:
It’s not surprising that 51% of businesses presently use automation since there are a plethora of marketing automation solutions available to assist you in doing sophisticated multivariate testing to determine the best time to communicate with your audience. This will free up a lot of time and money for your company, allowing you to concentrate on the key components of your email marketing campaign.
With the aid of solutions like these, you may implement AI delivery, which entails that the automation software itself learns what appeals to your audience the most by observing their behaviour. To accurately predict when users will engage with your app the most based on past behaviour, it takes a specific amount of time (starting from the moment people sign up for your email list). Users will consequently get your communications at the right time. This kind of email optimization will unquestionably prevent you from wasting time and money on ineffective email marketing techniques.
4. Distribute Freebies
Promotional giveaways not only help you gain more subscribers, but they can also boost your earnings. Many subscribers enjoy this type of promotional content and are eager to provide you with their email address in exchange for it, despite your initial scepticism about why you should do so. With a click-through rate ranging from 26% to 66%, freebies like templates and tools are the most widely used.
However, despite your desire for your email list to continue to expand, you must adhere to certain regulations, specifically the CAN-SPAM Act (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act). A pertinent subject line, your business email address at the bottom, and an unsubscribe button are all requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act when sending emails. There are no exceptions.
Because building trust between your brand and your customers is the most effective marketing tactic you have at your disposal, you must abide by the law even though your subscribers gave you their email address in exchange for a freebie. This is true not just because doing otherwise could result in legal repercussions.
5. Emails sent via mobile devices
It’s hard to send an email that looks this amazing. But as soon as you open it on your phone, the graphics don’t appear, and the layout is ugly. Your subscribers are unable to interact as a result. Your campaign’s success may be significantly harmed by this circumstance.
Here are some quick design tips that will help your marketing strategy to avoid the dislikes by your subscribers:
- messages with a single column
- Set the focus on the key text.
- Have an easy-to-tap call-to-action button.
- Make the font size larger.
- put up little pictures
80% of Internet users currently own a cell phone, and it is even predicted that this number will increase with time. As a result, your email marketing strategy should always include a mobile-friendly design. No matter where subscribers check their inbox, it is always a good idea to send high-quality emails.
6. Create Subscriber Segments
Your users will hear from you more intelligently and directly if your email lists are segmented. The appropriate knowledge is provided to them at the appropriate time. The outcomes are certain if you do it properly. Target groups with up to 150 customers had an uplift of at least $1.90 per customer, according to Optimove’s analysis of the effectiveness of segmentation for marketing campaigns. A $0.90 increase was especially noticeable in the groups of 1,500+. The range of potential campaign results increases with group size, as evidenced by this.
Businesses that use email segmentation see 24% higher sales, citing Lyris’s Annual Email Optimizer Report. Since it improves the customer experience, subscribers want to see material that matches their preferences. Given this, it is essential to appropriately segment your lists in order to maximise your engagement.
Some quick and easy segmentation strategies to help you in the process:
- Demographic data segmentation is one of the fundamental methods for categorising your list (gender, age, location, income level, company position, etc.). Knowing the gender of your customers is important information if you sell clothing. The corporate position will be quite important if you are a B2B software developer, on the other hand.
- The segmentation of users based on their email involvement may seem simple, but it has a significant impact on the final outcomes. The open rate and click-through rate in this case are the key KPIs. This kind of segmentation allows you to distinguish between active and inactive individuals, such as those who haven’t opened your email in 90 days. With the use of a targeted re-engaging campaign, you can then focus on your inactive users after generating this section.
- Another easy yet efficient technique to improve your targeting is segmentation based on previous purchases. Sending suggestions for purchases these people may have made in the past is a good place to start. Say a customer bought a hair product from your website. You can email the same user and give an educated judgement as to when this product could run out, suggesting a reorder in advance.
- Sales funnel segmentation based on position – Segmenting your consumers according to where they are in the sales funnel is a useful strategy for individualised messaging. The idea is that you can’t use the same messaging to target users at the bottom of the funnel as you would users at the top. Send more broad-based messages with a variety of items or features if the recipients are at the bottom of the list—a group of brand-new subscribers. On the other hand, if they have already subscribed and engaged with your material, you can utilise that data to find out what they are interested in and target them more precisely.
7. Activate Inactive Clients Again
If you don’t make an effort to offer interesting and timely content, you will lose about 25% of your subscribers annually. While email list deterioration is unavoidable, you may somewhat stop it from happening. In other words, how do you make dormant subscribers active once more? How do you keep your subscribers active?
You must first define what inactivity means to you before proceeding:
- What does being inactive entail to you, and for how long? Is it specifically inactive for a duration of 3, 6, or 9 months? Consider what your subscriber base no longer does to meet your criterion for inactivity. They don’t log in as frequently as they used to, or maybe they haven’t made any purchases in the past month?
- Consider every action that your subscribers take or fail to take that satisfies your inactivity requirements. For instance, a lot of businesses make an effort to interact as much as possible with their subscribers. They reach a point when the subscribers feel the emails are irrelevant since they are sent out too frequently. Don’t undervalue the impact of effective email design either. There is a chance that your emails will be deleted, designated as spam, or perhaps not opened if they are not user-friendly and mobile-optimised.
Once you have the answers to the aforementioned questions, you can concentrate on developing the re-engagement campaign. There are numerous inventive ways to carry out the win-back. Others like “we-miss-you” campaigns, discounts, and promo codes, or perhaps even a combination of the two.
Campaigns to win people back are frequently difficult. But keep in mind that businesses that spend money on re-engaging efforts in their email marketing earn a return of $28.50 for every $1 invested. Accordingly, reactivating inactive customers is more cost-effective than finding new ones.
Whatever your plan, you risk sending a certain amount of emails and your subscribers ceasing to be interested. Simply asking them about their email and preferences in this situation is the best course of action. If they still want to receive your emails, let them decide. Spending money on subscribers who won’t return, no matter your strategy, is better for your email marketing success than having a clean email list.
Testing your email messages often is the most effective strategy to discover what works best for your company. You will avoid typos, errors, bounces, and other issues by doing this rather than sending practice emails before the official one.
It’s vital to keep in mind that testing should not just be done periodically but rather continuously when you’re out and about. You may learn a lot about the behaviour of your subscribers by experimenting with multiple versions of the same email campaign. You’ll be able to make improvements to your future campaigns based on what you already know works successfully.
Email marketing is both tough and thrilling because there are so many opportunities for development and achievement. If properly implemented, it provides a solid foundation for developing well-thought-out plans that will increase sales. The only way to beat your competition is to spend a lot of work engaging with your subscribers as they convert to devoted consumers.